[sumo] Fwd: [Sumo news] - Nishikigi news

Jeff A jpaitv at gmail.com
Sun Sep 27 17:08:36 EDT 2026


Moti

Best regards,
Gaijingai - plenty more coming!

For of all sad words of tongue or pen,
The saddest are these:
It might have been.
- John Greenleaf Whittier

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Moti Dichne <niramiai at gmail.com>
Date: Sun, Sep 27, 2026 at 3:42 PM
Subject: [Sumo news] - Nishikigi news
To: Sumo Newsletter2 <sumo-newsletter2 at googlegroups.com>


Nishikigi (36), ranked Juryo 14W, got a hard-fought sixth win today. He
defeated Ookaryu (24), ranked Makushita 5W, via yorikiri, finishing the
tournament with a 6–9 record. In the previous tournament, he held the same
rank and finished 7–8, managing to retain his Juryo status. Reflecting on
this tournament, he noted, "I was in good form before it started. I thought
I might do well, but I ended up with six wins." He expressed pride in his
performance on the final day, stating, "I was able to wrestle with
confidence." Having finished with a makekoshi, he spoke candidly about his
chances of remaining in  Juryo: "It's touch-and-go whether I'll stay up or
drop down..." He intends to continue his career even if he is demoted to
Makushita . "Even if I drop down, I'll still do my heya duties. I'll serve
as a tsukebito for Fujinokawa, too," he said, mentioning the possibility of
supporting the 21-year-old newly promoted Sekiwake.

-- 

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
"Sumo Newsletter2" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
email to sumo-newsletter2+unsubscribe at googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion visit
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sumo-newsletter2/faf39764-adb4-40c4-87a0-c84be66b80c0n%40googlegroups.com
<https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sumo-newsletter2/faf39764-adb4-40c4-87a0-c84be66b80c0n%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://server.webtrek.com/pipermail/sumo/attachments/20260927/90128ff5/attachment.html>


More information about the Sumo mailing list