[sumo] Fwd: [Sumo news] - Kakuryuu interview

Jeffrey Anderson jpaitv at gmail.com
Tue Jan 31 18:51:17 EST 2023

Moti
Gaijingai

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Moti Dichne <niramiai at gmail.com>
Date: Tue, Jan 31, 2023 at 6:36 PM
Subject: [Sumo news] - Kakuryuu interview
To: Sumo Newsletter2 <sumo-newsletter2 at googlegroups.com>

ex- Yokozuna Kakuryuu's danpatsushiki will be held on June 3rd at the
Kokugikan.

 Interview:

 Kakuryuu Oyakata, you are the last Yokozuna  born in the Heisei era and
will be having your danpatsushiki..

-The last one from Heisei, huh? I didn't notice that at all. I really think
it's the end of an era. It's deeply moving.

- What kind of preparations have you made since the announcement of your
retirement?

- A danpatsushiki is a big event.  I am preparing everything by myself,
making decisions, and proceeding with the cooperation of various people. As
a member of society, l am learning things as I go along..

-What are you planning for the event?

- For example, between goods and souvenirs, I'm wondering what kind of
things will make the fans happy. What are the fans expecting? What would
make them the happiest?

- You  handed Miyagino Oyakata a  bouquet of flowers in front of the press
during his retirement ceremony.

-  I came because I wanted to thank him and say that he had come a long
way.. It made me realize that my own retirement from sumo is getting closer
and closer. 4 more months. It will arrive in no time. It would be really
great if a lot of people would turn up. That's what it's all about. When
that day arrives, I want to feel how many people supported me during my
active career.

-What condition are you in?

- I have to build up my  body.. I'm running out of time, so I've been
exercising every day since around the end of last year donning a mawashi.
It's been a while, so I'm doing shiko and stuff.. I want to be able to lend
my chest as my body returns gradually to itself..

- Is shiko essential?

-My upper body will become stronger if I do it for a while, and I think I
still have some muscle left. The muscles in my legs have weakened, but if I
do shiko, I think their power will return. I want to train so it may seem I
got pumped up and trained at the gym..

- How does your weight compare to your weight when you were active?

 I lost about 11-12 kilos. It would be embarrassing if my body wobbled
during my final dohyo-iri, so I want to properly do shiko..

-A word for the fans ahead of the general ticket sales that start  on
February 1st?

- It's a one-day event where I wear my last topknot, perform my last
dohyo-iri , and wrestle for the last time.. I am preparing with a feeling
of gratitude.

--

---
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sumo-newsletter2/d143203a-575f-4910-94b2-d7edec5409bcn%40googlegroups.com