[sumo] [sumo games] TORCH 2023 Hatsu Senshuraku action.

kj bauman shimodahito at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 29 00:01:01 EST 2023

I was off the internets for a few days so this should have been posted earlier.
It would be incredible if we had a KETTEI-SEN TORCH MATCH in every basho.  We’re off to a good start and it was very good news for second-year player Yarimostsu.

We had TOMOE-SEN TORCH MATCHES on senshuraku during hatsu basho (in the sumo data base you can track these as day 16 matches).

First,
RIKISHI
KAZENOUMI vs KOTOSATO

RANK
JONOKUCHI 11 EAST vs JONOKUCHI 11 WEST

Then, a rematch of DAY 13:
RIKISHI
KAZENOUMI vs OKANO

RANK
JONOKUCHI 11 EAST vs JONOKUCHI 12 WEST

in both….
Player(s) up for points:
Yarimotsu’s’s rikishi pick is KAZENOUMI
loss = 1 point, but a win = 3 points and an opportunity for more points in the next torch match

with a DAY 13 and TWO TOMOE-SEN WINS, our standings:
9 points – Yarimotsu