[sumo] Fwd: [Sumo news] - Asanoyama trains

Jeffrey Anderson jpaitv at gmail.com
Tue Feb 14 07:11:02 EST 2023

More valentines for you. 😁
Gaijingai
Moti
---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Moti Dichne <niramiai at gmail.com>
Date: Tue, Feb 14, 2023 at 2:56 AM
Subject: [Sumo news] - Asanoyama trains
To: Sumo Newsletter2 <sumo-newsletter2 at googlegroups.com>

Asanoyama had 26 bouts today at home. He hosted Wakatakakage, Wakamotoharu,
Kiribayama, Ryuuden, Hiradoumi, Mitoryuu  and Juryo Oushouma for a massive
training session. He went 20-6, beating both Wakas and Kiribayama for 8
straight bouts at some point, 14-4 in all (4-0 against Wakatakakage, 2-0
against Wakamotoharu). "I'm glad I got to train with guys I don't usually
train with. It was great fun and I think I was able to do some good sumo
there. Truth be told, before the training started I was scared.. I feared I
would be pushed around easily. I faced it all telling myself to do forward
moving sumo," he said. He was 8-4 against Kiribayama, who became a sanyaku
stalwart while Asanoyama was away. "He has gotten larger and stronger.. He
does well close up and from a distance..I'm happy i was able to face him
today," he added. He faced Kiribayama 5 times as an Ozeki and was 3-2 (one
win was a fusensho) so he didn't have it easy back then either.  "My body
was moving well and I was able to respond so that was good. I want to
return to my old banzuke rank for a second try.." he summed.
The question remains- is he back in Makuuchi next basho? Answer in two
weeks.

--

---
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sumo-newsletter2/4d3c38c9-4e29-4a46-8979-65bd7c4592c1n%40googlegroups.com