[sumo] Fwd: [Sumo news] - Tamawashi trains

Jeffrey Anderson jpaitv at gmail.com
Fri Sep 2 07:07:14 EDT 2022

Moti

Wow!

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Moti Dichne <niramiai at gmail.com>
Date: Fri, Sep 2, 2022 at 4:33 AM
Subject: [Sumo news] - Tamawashi trains
To: Sumo Newsletter2 <sumo-newsletter2 at googlegroups.com>

Iron man and oldest sekitori Tamawashi trained at home today. First, he did
6 matches, then he called for one Jonokuchi guy and one Jonidan guy and
faced them both at once for 15 vigorous consecutive bouts. "You need to
face your pain and your difficulties!" shouted his Oyakata. It was no easy
task taking on two at once, even for a rikishi with yusho experience like
Tamawashi. "I can't take this lightly, otherwise I'll get injured.. I need
my body to remember what to do. I'm not such a genius. I don't want to be
thinking too much, I just need to go with the natural flow." he said. Last
basho, he was forced to go kyujo due to COVID at his heya, for the first
time in his long career. "I just took it easy and rested.. I couldn't watch
senshuraku- I felt left behind.." he said. He says he didn't take to heart
the fact that his perfect attendance record was stopped (it was later
decided his kyujo will not count). "Then I heard that a lot of people were
discussing this and voicing their concern. It made me very happy that
many people were more concerned about me than i was.." he added..If he
makes it to day 9 next basho, he will be tied for 3rd place all time in
consecutive bouts. "I just have to properly go about it," he summed.

[image: 202209020000449-w500_0[1].jpg]

[image: 202209020000449-w500_8[1].jpg]

--

---