[sumo] Fwd: [Sumo news] - Wakatakakage trains

Jeffrey Anderson jpaitv at gmail.com
Thu Sep 1 22:49:31 EDT 2022

Moti

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Moti Dichne <niramiai at gmail.com>
Date: Thu, Sep 1, 2022 at 7:39 AM
Subject: [Sumo news] - Wakatakakage trains
To: Sumo Newsletter2 <sumo-newsletter2 at googlegroups.com>

Sekiwake Wakatakakage trained at home today. 16 bouts against brother and
Koutokuzan, going 15-1 (8-0 against Wakamotoharu). 4th straight sekiwake
basho, aiming for Ozeki, this basho should be a good start for a run bla
bla bla. "I guess I screwed up in the early stages of last basho (went 8-7
in the end).  Some voices around me are expecting an Ozeki promotion so I
need to do my best to fulfill their expectations and it would be good if I
could go all out with that in mind," he said, again. A few days back,
Terunofuji came to train at his heya "I dunno, 5-6 bouts, I guess. It was a
fantastic opportunity for me, being able to do some sumo with the Yokozuna
as well as receiving some words of advice from him. What were they? All
kinds of stuff.." he added cryptically. Then the interview rides the beaten
"I want to gambarize and will do my own sumo and give it my all " path,
fading into the sunset.

--

---
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sumo-newsletter2/84652e58-5394-4f89-a97f-b6a3f0eb5b16n%40googlegroups.com