[sumo] Fwd: [Sumo news] - Ounoshou

Jeffrey Anderson jpaitv at gmail.com
Fri Jul 8 10:45:04 EDT 2022

Moti
Gaijingai

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Moti Dichne <niramiai at gmail.com>
Date: Fri, Jul 8, 2022 at 4:45 AM
Subject: [Sumo news] - Ounoshou
To: Sumo Newsletter2 <sumo-newsletter2 at googlegroups.com>

Ounoshou  is returning form a fractured rib injury and has been training.
He faces his good friend Nishikigi the Makuuchi newbie on day 1. "We've
been friends since high school and have faced each other numerous times, so
I'm really glad," he said. They grew up together and he even slept over at
Nishikigi's place, as he was living at a dormitory at the time while
Nishikifuji lived in his own house. "His mother took care of me back then
and I am grateful," explained Ounoshou. He trained at home today against
three Makushita rikishi and was 22-3. "I have been properly doing what I
should be doing," he divulged. He was injured last basho on day 5 in his
bout against Takakeishou. '"As we fell, he hit my ribs with his knee. I was
afraid of possible internal injuries so I took the rest of the basho off.
At first the pain was so intense I had problems lying down, so I sat..
Every time I coughed or sneezed or laughed the pain was excruciating. I
even slept sitting down at times," he added. He slowly got better and by
the time the degeiko commenced at the beginning of June he was ready to go.
He also  lost 10 kilos at some point and now weighs around 160. "It doesn't
matter who I'm facing, I will do my best and if I  can concentrate day by
day I think I will do well," he summed.

--

---
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sumo-newsletter2/4b6fe708-cc91-477e-ab1b-0e8eb8b59f5bn%40googlegroups.com