[sumo] Fwd: [Sumo news] - Takayasu

Barbara Ann barbara.a.klein at gmail.com
Thu Aug 26 09:18:06 EDT 2021

 I remember Takayasu when he first entered sumo at the old Naruto Beya,  (then headed by the former Yokozuna Takanosato, who died in 2011).  Seemed promising even then.
The late Naruto oyakata would encourage his rikishi by having each report to him, personally, after a bout, to inform of a win or loss. If the rikishi won his bout that day, Naruto would reward him with a sweet.  I don't remember the  consequences of a loss. I'm sure Katrina  Watts remembers and can expand on that.

Barbara Ann