[sumo] Fwd: [Sumo news] - Ounoshou trains

Jeffrey Anderson jpaitv at gmail.com
Tue Feb 21 17:37:35 EST 2023

Moti

Gaijingai
---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Moti Dichne <niramiai at gmail.com>
Date: Tue, Feb 21, 2023 at 4:49 PM
Subject: [Sumo news] - Ounoshou trains
To: Sumo Newsletter2 <sumo-newsletter2 at googlegroups.com>

Ounoshou trained at home today against Makushita and under opponents and
won all of his 15 matches. He even faced Mongolian prospect Bajalgal (sp?),
college yokozuna who will start at makushita tsukedashi 15 when the time
comes and current trainee at the heya,  and beat him thrice. "I can
envision myself getting the yusho.. I'm feeling good and will be upping the
pace pf my preparations from here on." he said. Last basho he did well and
was even at the top of the yusho race on day 12 but proceeded to lose his
remaining three bouts (the last one with a hair-pull disqualification) and
ended with a 10-5 record. "When I was winning I was able to do my own sumo.
Then I started losing mentally and my naivety showed - my bad. In order to
win the yusho one must be fighting with the same feeling consistently for
all 15 days, is what I felt," he said.

--

---
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sumo-newsletter2/d0477efc-6180-44cc-b127-6bba76335983n%40googlegroups.com