[sumo] Fwd: [Sumo news] - YDC convenes- Aki 2022

Jeffrey Anderson jpaitv at gmail.com
Tue Sep 27 21:19:41 EDT 2022

This is goooood.

Gaijingai

>From Moti:

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Moti Dichne <niramiai at gmail.com>
Date: Tue, Sep 27, 2022 at 2:47 AM
Subject: [Sumo news] - YDC convenes- Aki 2022
To: Sumo Newsletter2 <sumo-newsletter2 at googlegroups.com>

The YDC ( Yokozuna Deliberation Council, a body formed in 1950 whose 15
members are drawn from outside the Japan Sumo Association, that meets
following each basho to consider candidates for promotion to Yokozuna. A
recommendation is passed back to the Sumo Association who have the final
say. It also offers opinions on the performance of current Yokozuna. ) ,
after not convening after Nagoya due to COVID, convened and was all over
the Ozeki, although they are not the ODC. Regarding Terunofuj's kyujo: "It
was greatly  regrettable .As good as he may be, a deteriorating knee can be
an obstacle to doing sumo..I want him to carefully heal. I am praying for
another yusho from him," said chairman Koumura, hinting in general that
they have no issue with Terunofuji taking time off at this point. Regarding
the Ozeki : "They are undergoing some technical and mental problems now,
including 10 bout winning Takakeishou. We have to point this out. We want
them to shake things up again, including Ozeki demotee Mitakeumi.," added
the chairman. There were voices calling for a drop from Ozeki to Komusubi
with a really bad record. It's not for the YDC to decide of course. "We,
representing the fans, have suggested this to the Kyokai. The current
system has good points, so in order for the fans to not be disappointed
it's important that the Ozeki wake up.." he added. They then went on to say
good things about Tamawashi, Takayasu, Wakatakakakge  and Tobizaru.
"Wakatakakage's legs remind me of Wakanohana I. He got 11 wins after losing
his first three. He needs to concentrate more on the first days and ask
himself why he lost on those days. He should aim for Yokozuna. Tobizaru
used to do "circus sumo" and make the fans happy. This time he showed some
very strong sumo and has become a rikishi to watch out for in the future.
I'd like him to make the effort to move forward.. " summed the chairman.

--

---
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sumo-newsletter2/09fa63c2-bfe9-4f41-8f70-5f1f30f56867n%40googlegroups.com

--