[sumo] [sumo game] TORCH 2022: Day 7 matchup

kj bauman shimodahito at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 16 06:43:11 EDT 2022

If the torikumi would have followed the traditional path, we would see the upper makushita undefeated rikishi (Shonannoumi, Tokihayate, Asanoyama, Dewanoryu, etc.) in the TORCH MATCHes.  Instead we are on the one-loss track and have a couple of 2-1ers in the TORCH MATCH on Day 7:

RIKISHI
TOMOKAZE vs FUJISEIUN

RANK
MAKUSHITA 2 EAST vs MAKUSHITA 5 EAST

Player(s) up for points:
Chankomafuji’s rikishi pick is TOMOKAZE
Mmikasazuma’s rikishi pick is TOMOKAZE
chishafuwaku’s rikishi pick is FUJISEIUN
loss = 1 point, but a win = 3 points and an opportunity for more points in the next torch match

standings:
7 points – ChickyStarr
7 points – Leo C
6 points – Chankomafuji