[sumo] Fwd: [Sumo news] - New Covid rules

Jeffrey Anderson jpaitv at gmail.com
Fri Sep 9 07:46:43 EDT 2022

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Moti Dichne <niramiai at gmail.com>
Date: Fri, Sep 9, 2022 at 3:19 AM
Subject: [Sumo news] - New Covid rules
To: Sumo Newsletter2 <sumo-newsletter2 at googlegroups.com>

Aki 2022 starts in two days, this Sunday the 11th.

New rules:

If you were tested positive on the ninth (today) , you cannot enter the
basho. You are kyujo till day 6, and you may enter on day 7. If you are
tested positive today and then negative on the 10th and the 11th, you may
enter on day two. If tested positive a day before the basho starts, you can
enter after a week. You will be "treated leniently" by the Banzuke
committee, based on each case separately. If you are feeling bad, you must
contact Hanakago compliance committee chief and notify him (unless it's
early in the morning or after 6 PM, when you will need to contact "the
person in charge"), and decisions will be made upon consultation. "We can't
have massive kyujos like we had last basho again. It's disrespecting the
fans that come to watch the bouts," summed Shibatayama. I guess this means
it's all going to be on a personal basis from here on.

--

---
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sumo-newsletter2/fead1511-1363-4e0b-806d-3954024f7af9n%40googlegroups.com

For of all sad words of tongue or pen,