[sumo] Fwd: [Sumo news] - Training news- Shoudai and Takakeishou

Jeffrey Anderson jpaitv at gmail.com
Thu Oct 27 11:16:35 EDT 2022

Moti

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Moti Dichne <niramiai at gmail.com>
Date: Thu, Oct 27, 2022 at 1:53 AM
Subject: [Sumo news] - Training news- Shoudai and Takakeishou
To: Sumo Newsletter2 <sumo-newsletter2 at googlegroups.com>

Kadoban Ozeki Shoudai trained at home today, hosting visitors Hokutofuji,
Nishikigi, and others going 8-4. Two of the younger rikishi were chattering
loudly. "If you want to talk, do it outside, " ordered Shoudai calmly. The
rest of the session continued in silence. "I don't usually say stuff to the
young rikishi and I don't intend to pursue this matter with them any more
as I don't like to get involved like that. I just wanted to tell them that
if they talk to each other, they should do it where they won't be seen, not
near the dohyo," explained Shoudai. There was a feeling that this incident
may cause some demoralization amongst the lower rankers, but after the
session Shoudai was seen talking to them as usual, so no worries, says the
reporter.

Ozeki Takakeishou has been training at Takekuma beya, ex-Goueidou's heya.
"It's great to prepare in a different atmosphere. He is a revered elder.
It's not only the training, I've learned a lot of things non- sumo related
as well.." he said. Today, he trained at home. "If possible, I'd like to
get another yusho this time to end the year on a high note.." he hoped.

--

---
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sumo-newsletter2/2ab60c18-67a8-41fd-9079-3443613e58fen%40googlegroups.com

For of all sad words of tongue or pen,