[sumo] Fwd: [Sumo news] - Houshouryuu שמג Shoudai

Jeffrey Anderson jpaitv at gmail.com
Thu Nov 10 15:18:08 EST 2022

Moti

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Moti Dichne <niramiai at gmail.com>
Date: Thu, Nov 10, 2022 at 3:15 PM
Subject: [Sumo news] - Houshouryuu שמג Shoudai
To: Sumo Newsletter2 <sumo-newsletter2 at googlegroups.com>

Sekiwake Houshouryuu trained at home today, 17 bouts. 13 of them against
Meisei, going 7-6. It was a fierce session and when they fell together at
some point he demanded to know who won.. When he was told he had lost he
said "aah, sh*t.."
"We both take our training seriously. If you don't go all out in training
you can't do well during a basho. I've established myself in sanyaku and I
think I had a good year but it still isn't over.. I want it to end well so
it would really be a good year, " he said.

Kadoban for the 5th time Ozeki Shoudai trained at home today, facing
Makushita and under mates and going 10-2. "Everything as usual. I hope to
face the coming basho in good form. The kadoban status does not influence
my preparations.  I am going all out.. " he said. The winter jungyo will be
visiting his home town. "I hope to greet the fans with a smile, since I
tend to frown when I lose.." he summed.

--

---
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sumo-newsletter2/6352aeb5-e272-4a73-b6c5-d89330ef1cdan%40googlegroups.com