[sumo] Fwd: [Sumo news] - Ura

Jeffrey Anderson jpaitv at gmail.com
Tue Nov 8 09:58:57 EST 2022

Moti

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Moti Dichne <niramiai at gmail.com>
Date: Tue, Nov 8, 2022 at 2:38 AM
Subject: [Sumo news] - Ura
To: Sumo Newsletter2 <sumo-newsletter2 at googlegroups.com>

Ura is reaching the final stretch of preparations. Today he faced the lower
rankers of his heya and was 12-1. He is already in Fukuoka where the
weather is milder than in Tokyo. "It's really nice," he agreed. "Every
year, the head of the koenkai (local support group) here brings me fresh
fish from the market so every meal is really a delight.. " he said. The
Kyushu basho has always been good to him.. Last year he had 10 wins and got
his first special prize there. Other than the one time he was kyujo, he
always got his kachikoshi in Kyushu. "It feels refreshing to be here and
the wind is nice. I prefer cool weather," he added. He had three kachikoshi
and two makekoshi this year. "Yeah, I'm a bit unstable.. I'm not getting
stronger either. I feel I have been gambarizing well, though. Deep inside,
I feel I am really doing well but people around me quite vocally think I
should gambarize more," he said. Still, he agrees that he should aim for
sanyaku. "People in Fukuoka are cheering me on to go higher. I agree I need
to do that. I hope to fight the 15 days without injury. It's all about
doing that, right?" he summed.

--

---
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sumo-newsletter2/0fe5b1d4-ca3d-477f-8d34-f293a2617fden%40googlegroups.com