[sumo] Fwd: [Sumo news] - Degeiko day..

Jeffrey Anderson jpaitv at gmail.com
Mon Jun 13 10:02:32 EDT 2022

Moti
Gaijingai

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Moti Dichne <niramiai at gmail.com>
Date: Mon, Jun 13, 2022 at 8:52 AM
Subject: [Sumo news] - Degeiko day..
To: Sumo Newsletter2 <sumo-newsletter2 at googlegroups.com>

Big degeiko day today. Wakatakakage hosted Abi, Kiribayama and Hokutofuji
for some fierce training. "I am grateful I was able to train with all sorts
of sekitori," he said later. A lot of fans were standing outside  the heya
pressing their noses against the glass windows to watch. There were
actually six sekitori, with Wakamotoharu and  Koutokuzan there as well.
Wakatakakage had 17 bouts, attacking from a low stance as usual. 9-8
against the likes of Abi and Kiribayama. "I want to properly start off from
day 1. All i can do is seriously and properly go about my preparations.."
he summed.

Abi had 16 bouts and was looking sharp. "The basho is around the corner so
I think I'm in good shape. Things didn't go my way last basho (7-8). I have
learned from that. I plan on coming here for the next three days as well to
train. Other than that, i will be listening to my body," he said.

Kiribayama came to the degeiko with ex-Kakuryuu and had the most bouts, 20,
winning12, mostly facing Wakatakakage. "I really got into it today. It was
great. I was really wild during the session and had to apologize after it
was over, " he told us. He has been going to Arashio beya for a few days
now.

 Wakamotoharu had nine bouts and was 4-5, facing the stiffest opposition he
ever faced. "I faced the joi guys today and they are all strong. I can't
even measure up yo my brother..I was just looking for a small reward.. I've
got some ways to go..I wonder if the advantage we had as a heya with
relatively many sekitori will vanish because degeiko is allowed now for a
while. I climbed the banzuke during the  no-degeiko period, so I wonder.."
he wondered. "Sanyaku? I can't see that yet. All i can see is the next
banzuke. I haven't been a year in Makuuchi yet and it will be an honor
facing the top guys next basho. I'm just happy to be here.." he summed.

--

---
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sumo-newsletter2/a8b9f267-45ad-49b7-9b9a-558475772f62n%40googlegroups.com

For of all sad words of tongue or pen,