[sumo] Fwd: [Sumo news] - The YDC convenes

Jeffrey Anderson jpaitv at gmail.com
Mon Jan 24 16:39:34 EST 2022

Moti

Gaijingai

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Moti Dichne <niramiai at gmail.com>
Date: Mon, Jan 24, 2022 at 4:36 PM
Subject: [Sumo news] - The YDC convenes
To: Sumo Newsletter2 <sumo-newsletter2 at googlegroups.com>

The YDC convened today, and Chairman Yano chose to talk about ex- Ozeki
Asanoyama and his 6 basho suspension. "There was some talk about seeing if
maybe something can be done with the punishment. It's not that the YDC is
demanding anything since we have no say in this, just some idle talk. We
have heard a lot of voices from the public on this subject as well so some
of us are speaking on behalf of the fans," he said. Nothing on this subject
was reported after the meeting to the Kyokai, but Shibatayama did address
the issue. "An Oyakata from the heya says he has been training at the heya,
but it's not like he's going to return to the dohyo soon so he's pacing
himself and moving his body," he said. There is no such thing as "amnesty"
in the books. "A candidate for Yokozuna acting the way he did deserves a
serious punishment, but since he can't do any sumo we were wondering how he
has been coming along lately with training. We hear he is training
seriously and we hope when the day to return comes he will be ready, body
and soul.." summed Mr. Yano

--

---
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sumo-newsletter2/24be3f14-4146-406c-aa31-51e0d4db7683n%40googlegroups.com