[sumo] Fwd: [Sumo news] - New Juryo Teraswa, Ichinojou news

Jeffrey Anderson jpaitv at gmail.com
Wed Sep 29 10:49:25 EDT 2021

>From Moti

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Moti Dichne <niramiai at gmail.com>
Date: Wed, Sep 29, 2021 at 2:03 AM
Subject: [Sumo news] - New Juryo Teraswa, Ichinojou news
To: Sumo Newsletter2 <sumo-newsletter2 at googlegroups.com>

Ichinojou has been granted Japanese citizenship.

New Juryo promotee Terasawa has changed his shikona to Asanowaka. Asanowaka
on his new shikona, taken after coach Wakamatsu Oyakata who was Asanowaka
when we were younger- Terasawa was injury-prone, ex-Asanowaka never missed
a day in his 80 basho career. "He was famous for going all out and was
never injured, so I decided to assume that shikona. I feel very happy, and
I feel I shall gambarize from here on," he said. He was injured in 2018 and
dropped off the banzuke entirely. "I was  in a bad place mentally and
physically and couldn't even think about doing sumo. But with a little help
from my Oyakata and other rikishi, I made it back. I just want to get a
kachikoshi without getting injured.," he summed.

--

---
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sumo-newsletter2/6f19e062-9c5e-4aa9-9065-b6f8db4d7b99n%40googlegroups.com

--