[sumo] Fwd: [Sumo news] - Final day-rikishi talk

Jeffrey Anderson jpaitv at gmail.com
Sun Sep 26 17:58:18 EDT 2021

Moti. Who else?

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Moti Dichne <niramiai at gmail.com>
Date: Sun, Sep 26, 2021 at 5:53 PM
Subject: [Sumo news] - Final day-rikishi talk
To: Sumo Newsletter2 <sumo-newsletter2 at googlegroups.com>

Final day:

37 year old Shouhouzan likely back in Makuuchi next basho after seven
bashos: "I'm going about it thinking I'm still young.. Ex-Aminishiki was
almost 40 when he was still in Makuuchi. There is still where to go
upwards. I want to gambarize and return to sanyaku!"

Meisei, kachikoshi at Sekiwake, beating yusho contender Myougiryuu: "I
wasn't thinking of my opponent. I had a good tachiai. My last bouts were
all good sumo, one after the other. Sumo techniques, tachiai, mental
state - I  want to take them all to a higher level, so I will train hard
for next basho aiming for that."

Ounoshou, loses and misses out on the fighting spirit prize: "I wasn't
conscious of that. That was the result, and it only came about because I
was weak. Although I got double digit wins some parts were unsatisfactory.
I want to return to Sanyaku and go even higher.. I want to properly prepare
for that and be ready for next basho in perfect shape!"

Shoudai, a dismal 8-7 record at Ozeki: "I got my kachikoshi on day 11
already and that was good, but the sumo after that sucked (4 straight
losses)."

The other Ozeki, Takakeishou, didn't do much better, and after escaping
kadoban on day 12, lost all his bouts : "Every basho I think I manage to
learn to understand all sorts of things that I hope to utilize in the
future.."

Takarafuji, getting his kachikoshi on senshuraku, revealing he is a proud
father to a baby girl: "I faced this basho feeling that I must get a
kachikoshi. It was a good basho."

Myougiryuu, losing today and missing out on a possible playoff: "I'm glad i
was able to do what I did, since I was extremely nervous because it's the
first time that I have been involved in the yusho race till senshuraku.. I
was thinking about all sorts of things.  My sumo wasn't flashy by all
means, but I'm happy that my oshi-zumo abilities were highly appraised  I
now feel I can still go on so I shall take good care of my body and prepare
for next basho.."

Kiribayama, getting his ninth win, lifting out heavy Chiyomaru: "I wanted
to properly grab his mawashi and put my heads against him.  Success as a
joi this basho?  I did serious keiko and my body was moving well. Next
basho, I would like to succeed as I did this basho.."

--

---
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sumo-newsletter2/df060509-bbdc-408c-bfe2-9b5ce2c6d8c2n%40googlegroups.com

For of all sad words of tongue or pen,