[sumo] Fwd: [Sumo news] - Rikishi talk day 10

Jeffrey Anderson jpaitv at gmail.com
Tue Sep 21 15:33:31 EDT 2021

Enjoy From Moti!

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Moti Dichne <niramiai at gmail.com>
Date: Tue, Sep 21, 2021 at 1:30 PM
Subject: [Sumo news] - Rikishi talk day 10
To: Sumo Newsletter2 <sumo-newsletter2 at googlegroups.com>

Day 10:

Ichiyamamoto, losing to Kaisei: "I can't win if he gets ahold of me. I was
thinking of moving sideways but I was stopped and couldn't go through with
it. I'm not being allowed (by my opponents) to do my own sumo.. It goes
without sayin g that my opponent is strong, but I think it's my own
weakness.."

Yutakayama, beating Chiyomaru: "Yesterday, I couldn't do the sumo I had in
mind so I decided to go at it  calmly. I used my upper body power and used
my shoulder to my liking and managed to do good sumo."

Tsurugishou, losing to Chiyonoou: "It's not only today- I haven' been doing
any sumo of late..I will gambarize to be able to do good sumo. My
cellulitis is no excuse for anything, since I'm appearing in the basho. All
I can do is do my best."

Hidenoumi, beating Chiyonokuni: "That was a win of patience. I keep losing
when I get dragged into my opponent's pace. I was in a disadvantageous
position, but I managed to be patient and that was good. I was happy to be
able to beat Chiyonokuni who was 2-0 against me in Makuuchi bouts. This has
boosted my confidence!"

Myougiryuu, beating Okinoumi and remaining one loss behind the leader,
first kachikoshi since January: "It's been a while. Yes. If I mount the
dohyo these next five days, I'd like to do my own sumo day by day.. The
win? It was all in the tachiai. I was able to take the first step, grab the
front of my opponent's mawashi and move forward and that was good, huh?"

Ounoshou, beating Endou and remaining one loss behind the leader as well,
also first kachikoshi since January: "I was planning on properly moving
forward. I've been working properly hard since day one so I'm happy I was
able to get that kachikoshi."

Ura, putting up a great fight against Terunofuji: "It's hard for me to say,
but when I got the shitate and he got that uwate , there was a loud sigh
from the crowd and I thought that was that. I was a bit dejected. I was
thinking I was doing well..I was not going to give up. I threw all I had at
him, but nothing fazed him. He is really strong.  Although we both have
returned from serious injuries, we are definitely not in the same status..
I see the crowd's sighing as a good think- they were all rooting for me and
showing their concern. I felt the rise and fall of feelings all through the
match.. I'm happy to have fought in the last match of the day, although I
did not collect another kinboshi. The joi ranks are tough. I will gambarize
till the end and aim for a good result!"

Takakeishou needs another two wins to retain his Ozeki rank: "I was
thinking of going at it fully concentrated. I want to prepare myself so
that I can fight tomorrow as well. I am thankful for the fans' support and
will gambarize!"

Akua, kachikoshi at Juryo 1, back in Makuuchi next basho: " I have learned
to be patient. I knew that a kachikoshi was of the utmost importance, so I
focused on that.."

Kiribayama, winning by that HNH, setting his sights for a sanyaku berth: "I
want to do good sumo till the last day and gambarize!"

Takarafuji, doing the sword bearer thing during Terunofuji's dohyo iri: "I
had to run right after that from the east to the west dressing room again
today, but  I can't run like I used to and I was out of breath. I'm feeling
my age.."

Takanoshou, fifth loss: "Insufficient horse power. When I planned on
attacking, my foot slipped."

Ichinojou, emphatically pushing Tamawashi out: "That was my best bout this
basho. I was able to fight as I planned."

Wakatakakage, losing to Mitakeumi, his college senior: "I want to gambarize
and turn things around."

Shoudai, beating Daieishou who got a kinboshi a day ago: "He has a lot of
power at the tachiai, so I went with my first step and hit with all my
might so as not to lose. In the end, my body responded well."

--

---
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sumo-newsletter2/a3cb937f-5a65-4244-bf44-dc06b015058an%40googlegroups.com

--