[sumo] https://www.japantimes.co.jp/sports/2021/09/15/sumo/sumo-youtube-international/

R. Brown brownro214 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 16 08:21:02 EDT 2021

$9 a month and limited articles, yes, a real bargain. (sarcasm if it wasn't
obvious)

Still, an excellent article by John, but I take issue with his
characterization of the "unofficial" YouTube channels with sumo content are
only out to increase views and revenue.  NattoSumo, Chris Sumo, Moti's
channel (to which Jeff posts a link every day), and others all seem to me
to be filling a void left by the NSA and doing it from a strong
appreciation of sumo.  The number of views any of these unofficial sources
get will not make anyone rich.  Checking SocialBlade finds Moti earned
between US $.50 - $8 for each video this week.

Moti's posts are a copy of the NHK English feed.  NattoSumo does the NHK
Japanese feed.  If you want a different perspective, Chris Sumo posts his
own videos (so no copyright issues) when he is able to attend the basho.

Kodaiyama