[sumo] Fwd: [Sumo news] - Day 4 rikishi talk

Jeffrey Anderson jpaitv at gmail.com
Wed Sep 15 15:14:15 EDT 2021

>From Moti.

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Moti Dichne <niramiai at gmail.com>
Date: Wed, Sep 15, 2021 at 12:11 PM
Subject: [Sumo news] - Day 4 rikishi talk
To: Sumo Newsletter2 <sumo-newsletter2 at googlegroups.com>

Day 4:

Chiyomaru, letting Kotoekou take charge and losing: "My opponent was low
and kept his distance as he slapped. I still have more wins than losses, so
I want to gambarize and turn things around!"

Myougiryuu, 4 straight wins: "My body is moving well. The Kyokai joint
keiko was refreshing and I was able to train feeling good.."

Tobizaru, first loss: "I'll turn things around. I'm not in bad shape so I
shall gambarize!"

Ounoshou, losing on the edge, tables turned on him: "It's my fault for not
attacking all the way."

Ura, first win: "I'm glad I won.  There is no problem with my mobility. The
joi guys are really strong. I can hardly keep up. If I can establish myself
here.. It's really difficult. It's only day 4- it's really difficult.."

Wakatakakage, third win after a sharp tachiai and beating Tamawashi by
hatakikomi: "I just have to continue coming from under, is what I was
thinking.."

Shoudai, come from behind tsukiotoshi win, a year after his yusho: "I was
able to respond well at the edge of the dohyo. This last year has flown by.
I feel I'm somehow able to do things right.. I think my body is moving
well."

Hokutofuji, losing to Terunofuji: "I was conscious of moving forward but
the Yokozuna had his head down and I inadvertently pulled.."

Terunofuji, calmly getting his 4th win: "When I'm on the dohyo I have no
time to think too much, so all I can do is give it my all. I think it's not
bad.."

Daieishou, beating Takarafuji for the first time after losing 5 straight to
him, and getting his third win: "I haven't been able to beat him for a
while now so I just went for it. The flow was good and my condition isn't
bad.. If you don't go all out, you can't get them wins. I just want
to properly see this through till the end." His stablemate Tsurugishou ran
a fever of 40 Celsius and sat out today's bout fearing he was infected by
the virus, but was found to be negative: "I'm glad he was found negative. I
was worried.. "

Takakeishou, getting his first win: "I'm not thinking what my opponent is
planning, I'm only thinking about myself and my plans. I'm thinking for
myself. My neck has healed and I have no injuries. My neck injury is
nothing new. I'm preparing myself for battle every day and I need to win,
but there is no use thinking only about that. I will be reflecting on how I
did after the final day. For now, I'm concentrating on tomorrow.."

Kiribayama, first time ever with 4 straight wins from day 1: "I was late at
the tachiai but I was able to put my head on him and go about it calmly. My
body is moving well. Tomorrow I face the Yokozuna. I just want to do my own
sumo.."

--

---
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sumo-newsletter2/f1a9028c-9288-49d5-b84f-9346ced67204n%40googlegroups.com