[sumo] Fwd: [Sumo news] - Aki Basho 2021-Day 1- video and results

Jeffrey Anderson jpaitv at gmail.com
Mon Sep 13 09:42:04 EDT 2021

You are welcome. When I lived in Japan 30+ years ago, I used to watch Sumo
Digest in Japanese at 11:00PM each night of the basho. Since I worked
during the day and couldn't
watch sumo live on TV, this was my only way to see the guys in action.  One
time I was teaching an English intensive way east in Makuhari, Chiba. I
lived way west in Koganie-shi, so my businessmen students and I lived at
the business center. My bedroom had blackout curtains and I watched Sumo
Digest each night. at 11:00. One morning I woke up in my black-out bedroom
and groggily looked at my lighted watch - 9:15AM!!!! Class had started 15
minutes ago! I threw on some clothes and ran to the classroom, where all my
businessmen students were waiting for me to begin class.  I was huffing and
puffing as I flew into class and they all burst out laughing and
continued to do so as I made my apologies and explanation.

BTW, Puchshuzon, individual tickets for the Rugby World Cup France 2023
go on sale in two weeks. Are you going to go? I'm planning to.

Best,
Gaijingai