[sumo] Fwd: [Sumo news] - Mitakeumi

Jeffrey Anderson jpaitv at gmail.com
Thu Sep 9 18:01:29 EDT 2021

>From Moti

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Moti Dichne <niramiai at gmail.com>
Date: Thu, Sep 9, 2021 at 5:40 PM
Subject: [Sumo news] - Mitakeumi
To: Sumo Newsletter2 <sumo-newsletter2 at googlegroups.com>

Perennial Sekiwake and constant disappointment Mitakeumi trained at home
today where there really isn't much opposition to train with and spoke of
Terunofuji. "I haven't been involved in any major upsets recently so I
really want to hand the new Yokozuna his first loss at that rank.." he
said.  He has been 1-6 against him in their last seven clashes,
usually getting his mawashi grabbed quickly and getting marched out
quickly. He was given advice by Hakuhou on how to break a mawashi hold.
"Tall guys like Terunofuji and Ichinojou beat me easily. I know how to
break holds myself, but I guess the best way to do it against these
opponents  is what Hakuhou taught me," he added. He's been having trouble
getting back to back double-digit wins at Sanyaku (he has actually never
done that, only 4 double-digit wins in  Sanyaku 25 bashos..). Last basho he
even lost to his college junior Wakatakakage on the last day. "If he's at
this rank, it means he has become stronger, and I have to acknowledge that.
I want to face him this basho and not let him do his thing while regaining
my strength as his senior. Another Ozeki run? These up and coming young
guys are coming up the ranks and I feel I can't give in to them. I've got
to properly show them my power and live up to my expectations!" he
thundered.

--

---
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sumo-newsletter2/e90705e0-9568-405f-b583-ec390796327an%40googlegroups.com