[sumo] Fwd: [Sumo news] - Rikishi talk Day 6

Jeffrey Anderson jpaitv at gmail.com
Sat Nov 20 06:48:37 EST 2021

Day 6 talk, not 7. From Moti

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Moti Dichne <niramiai at gmail.com>
Date: Fri, Nov 19, 2021 at 7:33 PM
Subject: [Sumo news] - Rikishi talk Day 6
To: Sumo Newsletter2 <sumo-newsletter2 at googlegroups.com>

Day 6:

Local boy Shoudai loses for the third time. "I'm kind of surviving at the
tachiai as a whole and doing 'receiving' sumo.. Not good. I had a feeling
overall that things were somehow going my way. I just couldn't get that
first step in.."

Abi, six straight wins:, winning by tokkurinage, a kimarite seen in
Makuuchi only for the second time ever: "It was the first time I did that
since turning pro. It was accidental.. My body was moving well so I guess i
just followed it. I want to do good movement sumo tomorrow as well.."

Terunofuji, 6-0 as well: "I think the quality of sumo was good. There's no
use in hurrying things, so i was thinking I should do what needs to be
done..I'm thinking my body is moving well and I'm also thinking I'd like to
gambarize for the rest of the basho."

Shouhouzan, struggling in Makuuchi with five losses: "Seems I've been doing
everything as usual. I've still got a lot to give. No use making any
changes at this point. I think I want to go on with the feeling that
everything is as usual.."

Yutakayama, beaten by Chiyotairyuu: "I was totally beaten at the first
step. It became my opponent's game.  I feel I'm going nowhere, treading
water. If I overthink this these losses will pile up. I just want to think
about tomorrow."

Hokutofuji, two straight losses after starting the basho with four straight
wins: "The balance between my my upper and lower body was not good.
Tomorrow I'm facing a rikishi who is in good shape (Abi) so I need to
properly do my own sumo all the way. Win or lose, if I do my own sumo, it
will lead to good things."

Ura, beating ex- Ozeki Takayasu with that leg grab  and getting his fifth
win: "I really don't think I'm especially in good shape. I'll feel that if
I finish the basho with a good record. Right?"

Tamawashi, five straight wins: "We've only just started so i 'm not
thinking about that. I think my hands extended well, but I have no idea
what happens next.. I want to continue to do my own sumo all the way!"

Mitakeumi, winning after an initial henka: "It's because I hesitated. My
opponent  (Myougiryuu, 6-5 in the past) does well against me so I was a bit
lost.. My body is moving well so i think if I continue doing my own sumo in
the second half of the basho I'll do well.."

Meisei, losing today tov Daieishou: "My legs did not move..My chin was
high. I'd like to mount the dohyo, properly concentrate and believe in my
own sumo!"

Takanoshou, beating Shoudai after a redo: "I was able to move forward and
that was good. It's a big boost for my morale to beat an Ozeki. This will
connect to tomorrow..'

Takakeishou, sixth win, beating Takarafuji easily: "All I can do is
properly prepare for each bout every day. You can only have one bout a day.
I can only do what I am able to do.. I shall properly concentrate tomorrow
as well..."

Chiyotairyuu, fourth win, three straight, had his birthday on the 14th : "I
got a coffee maker as a present and I'm drinking coffee every day and
relaxing, and that is good..I used to drink coffee with milk but I  am
suffering from diabetes so now I've started liking that bitter black
coffee.."

Kotonowaka, winning on his 24th birthday: "If I can do sumo like today,
that would be good. I've got to get higher in the ranks.. I want to show
how good i really am."

Wakatakakage, fourth loss, losing to Ounoshou: "I was one step behind. I
want to turn things around."

--

---
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sumo-newsletter2/197f9873-4a18-4ee7-9195-6c2858e4196an%40googlegroups.com