[sumo] Fwd: [Sumo news] - Ichinojou

Jeffrey Anderson jpaitv at gmail.com
Tue Nov 9 15:37:31 EST 2021

>From Moti

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Moti Dichne <niramiai at gmail.com>
Date: Mon, Nov 8, 2021 at 5:42 PM
Subject: [Sumo news] - Ichinojou
To: Sumo Newsletter2 <sumo-newsletter2 at googlegroups.com>

Ichinojou trained at the heya's Fukuoka facilities today. He arrived with
the heya on the fifth but only started training today as the dohyo had to
be constructed etc.. He will start serious training tomorrow, today was
just limbering of body parts. "It feels good to be in Fukuoka after some
time. It's nice and cool and I love it," he said, being reminded of the
weather back home. He is still around the 208 kilo mark. "I love the food
here-I will definitely be sampling the tonkotsu-ramen
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tonkotsu_ramen> and the motsunabe
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Motsunabe>," he said, planning to go after
the basho.
He almost missed last basho after contracting the virus. "I barely made it
in and did no real training," he said. He already had six losses on day
nine but managed to turn that around and get his kachikoshi at Komusubi,
beating both Ozeki and both Sekiwake in the process. He had only one
makekoshi this year. "I aim to get a kachikoshi this basho. I will be
facing the basho hoping to get as many wins as I can. I can only go about
it by having confidence in my abilities without hesitating. I suffer from
overthinking  and not being able to do my own sumo, while hesitating at
times at the tachiai. I want to be able to properly decide what it is I
want to do. To that end, I will be properly training. If I can get into my
sumo, that would really boost my confidence," he added.
He acquired Japanese citizenship a while ago. "in the future I want to
properly give back to the Japanese people what they gave me and have
acquired the citizenship to that end. I am where I am thanks to my Oyakata
and everything he has taught me. I intend to be part of the yusho race. In
any case i will do my best not to drop out of the sanyaku and will be ever
aiming upwards," he summed.

--

--- Gaijingai
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sumo-newsletter2/570dd9cb-f862-4778-a882-c5f2365a51cbn%40googlegroups.com