[sumo] Fwd: [Sumo news] - Kyokai Training Sessions

Jeffrey Anderson jpaitv at gmail.com
Mon Dec 20 05:14:22 EST 2021

>From Moti.

Gaijingai

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Moti Dichne <niramiai at gmail.com>
Date: Mon, Dec 20, 2021 at 2:30 AM
Subject: [Sumo news] - Kyokai Training Sessions
To: Sumo Newsletter2 <sumo-newsletter2 at googlegroups.com>

Wakatakakage was 7-4 today on day 1 of the KTS. “I’m happy to be able to
face other sekitori and hope to increase the number of bouts.. I will be
training hard in order to make it back to sanyaku and to be able to remain
there as well.” he said. The KTS will run through the 23rd.

11 sekitori in all took part in the session. So far I know of Wakatakakage
and Mitakeumi.

Mitakeumi was the highest ranked sekitori there and had nine bouts, going
3-6. ”It’s a great opportunity to face other sekitori so I’m not thinking
of the win-loss thing at all. I was mostly checking out the other guys and
how my body matches up with theirs. I just want to be able to do my own
sumo during these important sessions. It was good to be able to eat out
finally.. I had some sushi and yakiniku. Ozeki run? I’m aiming as usual for
double digit wins, “ he explained.

--

---
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sumo-newsletter2/0d9984e3-9fad-4803-9d59-2c6537d7fae4n%40googlegroups.com