[sumo] Fwd: [Sumo news] - Shoudai trains

Jeffrey Anderson jpaitv at gmail.com
Fri Dec 17 10:59:44 EST 2021

>From Moti

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Moti Dichne <niramiai at gmail.com>
Date: Thu, Dec 16, 2021 at 8:22 AM
Subject: [Sumo news] - Shoudai trains
To: Sumo Newsletter2 <sumo-newsletter2 at googlegroups.com>

Ozeki  Shoudai started training today, as the heya was under restrictions
between the 10th and the 15th of December for Covid prevention reasons.
"Now that I can, I'd like to get my body ready by moving it (he did the
fundamentals today). It's been a difficult year for me. I feel I'm fighting
an uphill battle. I just need some more fighting spirit.. My spirit was
absolutely lacking," he said. His only double-digit win basho last year was
last January with 11. He actually barely managed kachikoshis and even had a
straight 7-8 makekoshi in March. "I feel my body has lost its sharpness
compared to last year. I've also lost about 10 kilos. I'm looking for a
chance to get my body back into the shape it was before..That would be
good. I haven't been able to yusho since becoming Ozeki, so i best be
preparing myself with getting the yusho in mind," he summed.

--

---
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sumo-newsletter2/8aca086d-a1e2-4e06-bf7e-108118f20733n%40googlegroups.com

For of all sad words of tongue or pen,