[sumo] Ozumo at the Royal Albert Hall 2023

sumorina at mac.com sumorina at mac.com
Mon Dec 13 21:52:38 EST 2021

Great news about the possibility of a return engagement at the Royal Albert Hall London.

I wonder if the current Rijichio, Hakkaku Oyakata, is keen as he was the one who made the farewell speech from the dohyo at the Royal Albert Hall in 1991 when he was Yokozuna Hokutoumi, saying, “Thank you very much. See you again.”

He must have practised very hard to perfect this as he was always eager to say it when I visited his heya with foreign guests, farewelling them with a big smile and his special English phrase.

Katrina