[sumo] Question for tv viewers

Emmett Wayne eswayne2009 at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 19 16:41:25 EDT 2020

 Barbara,
It may be canned.  I am not listening or watching the broadcast, but there is 1/4 of the capacity (approximately) in the Kokugikan for the day.  So 1) it may sound different because there aren't as many people clapping (and they are asked not to yell and scream), or 2) because of 1), NHK is using canned clapping to make it sound better on TV.
Just the thought of an uninformed bystander.
Torideyama