[sumo] Japan Sumo Association to allow fans into Tokyo-hosted July basho | The Japan Times

Murray Johnson mjpjohnson54 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 13 20:40:10 EDT 2020

A detailed list over 30 pages long of protocols but here are the basics.

For the spectators, masks are obligatory, as is hand disinfection on entry,
to each one a mini antiseptic solution is distributed. Anyone measured with
body temperature of 37.5 °C or more at the entrance, is not allowed in.

Entry time is 13h (usually 8h) - during makushita. No reentry.

No contact with the rikishi, waiting at the entrance to meet them when they
enter or leave is forbidden.

Alcoholic beverages are prohibited, food sales only at a minimum: no chanko
at the lower floor, the food corners don't open. The official NSK goods
booth is closed as well.

Loud cheering should be self restricted, applause is encouraged.

The spectators leave after the day in a staggered time difference.

In  preparation for a later case of infection, the stub of the ticket
should be kept for 14 days, use of a Corona app to check who comes in
contact is encouraged. (Which has recently been removed as it has proven
ineffective and faulty)