[sumo] Hakuho Cup may allow Hakuho to leave indelible mark on sumo from outside ring | The Japan Times

Katrina Watts sumorina at mac.com
Wed Mar 3 10:56:07 EST 2021

Absolutely.  John Traill is a great friend and has been a mainstay of the Australian Sumo Federation for decades.

He has competed as an amateur representing Australia at the Oceania Sumo Championships,  Sumo World Championships, World Games and World Combat.  He has competed and won medals at every weight division, even losing a massive amount of weight to compete as a lightweight at the World Games in St Petersburg to make room for another guy to go as middleweight.

John, or Johnofuji as we call him, is now the Australian Sumo Federation President and doing a great job.

The Hakuho Cup is an amazing event and indicative of Yokozuna Hakuho’s genuine and generous desire to promote sumo worldwide.

Katrina
Sent from my iPad