[sumo] Sumo: Portrait of former yokozuna Chiyonofuji displayed at station

Patricia Yarrow yarrowp at gmail.com
Tue Sep 8 17:22:39 EDT 2020

Will go check it out today. I hope the other three portraits are still up.
By the way, it is no longer possible to access the Kokugikan and the
office, museum, and store.
I was passed a flyer through the gate with tiny letters for the url to
order online.
The online store is impossible to navigate, all in nihongo, and full of
diversions and graphics but no obvious information on ordering a bansuke.
Looks like I will wait until the pandemic is over and they reopen the doors.
Why don't they sell them through the Ryogoku ticket office instead?
Miffed in Ryogoku, but great to see Chiyonofuji honored.

*Patricia Yarrow  *