[sumo] 28-yr-old sumo wrestler dies after being infected with coronavirus - The Mainichi

Patricia Yarrow yarrowp at gmail.com
Wed May 13 06:04:40 EDT 2020

This is beyond heartbreaking. Here in Ryogoku, when I see a sumo san
walking around in their Tshist and shorts, I wonder what they are really
thinking. I would imagine it is something like, "Is this awesome sport and
opportunity for me worth DYING for?" I wonder if in the future, or maybe
tomorrow, sumo beya will be wondering how to pull of serious training
without endangering their wrestlers? It seem completely contradictory. I do
not have a solution, at this time. What does everyone else think??

*Patricia Yarrow  *