[sumo] 2018

Jeffrey Anderson jeffand at regent.edu
Thu Jan 4 17:15:08 EST 2018

Well, a few musings.

I was blessed with my wife Gaijingal and me going to the Las Vegas three-day exhibition many years ago. We had a lovely dinner the first night with a few special listserve members to honor Lynn Matsuoka. On the second night I had arranged a dinner, open to all who would let me know in advance. I had about 25 responses and the restaurant had that many seats set up. Oh boy - people kept coming in and the waitstaff kept adding tables. I think we ended up with around 38 there! The last night I met some Mongolians in an elevator and since I spoke a little Mongolian (I was programming a TV station in Ulan Bator at the time), they gave me three tickets to a reception for the Mongolian rikishi that night. I had Jim Bitgood and Jim Gillogly (Takanorappa) attend with me. It was a great time to meet about 80 listserve folks over the three days.

Despite the "experts" leaving the listserve to form the sumoforum (due to - IMHO - the flame wars, bruised egos, one person being accused of wanting to be king of sumo on the Internet, and others wanting to be able to do more than a listserve can do), anyone can get all the top sumo stories from the sumoforum without going there once you set up an account. Once you go to a topic, you can then find in the upper right hand corner an "icon" to click to receive any new posts to come to your email. If you want to follow all replies, you can click that icon, too. I just have the original posts come to me. If I want to follow the thread, I can simply click on the link icon in the email and it takes me right to the posting on the sumoforum. I keep the email for a few days to click the link a few times to see what further replies have said.

I find that I am commenting on the forum more than I ever did these days, simply because I play a couple of sumo games that are hosted on the sumoforum (The Underdog Game, and Break the Curse - both fun easy daily games...please play).

Anyway, www.sumoforum.net<http://www.sumoforum.net>

But I still love the listserve and all of you.

Best regards,

Jeffrey Anderson

Gaijingai