[sumo] Henka

Benjamin Guthrie archbishopshaggy at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 23 04:50:27 EDT 2016

While it would be nice to see better sumo, banning henkas would be tricky I think. Just how much of a shift at the tachiai would constitute a henka? How would you judge whether the amount they shifted violated the rule or not? While some henkas are blatant and unquestionable, there is such a big gray area, I think instituting a ban would be impossible. It's probably why they have never been banned, just frowned upon and booed when too blatant. That's my two cents anyway, I'm sure there are plenty on this list with a better understanding than me.