[sumo] Chanko-Nabe

JZ8D-SMMN at asahi-net.or.jp JZ8D-SMMN at asahi-net.or.jp
Sat Aug 8 19:21:32 EDT 2015

Were we looking at the same article? The big picture is a shot of Musashigawa's Nagoya
quarters, showing chanko  being cooked in the giant  metal (not clay) boiler used by all the sumo people,
and it dates from 2007. The next yummy photo is taken in a Japanese restaurant in the USA --
and shows an individual cast-iron pot. Admittedly the nabe of the name was originally
sturdy ceramic and as such is still mostly used by families in Japan. I have three sizes of crockery
nabe in my own kitchen. I also have two cast-iron bowls, as they are good for the health.

I agree that it was a good article of its kind, but has clearly been assembled from a number of
second-hand sources.

Doreen