[sumo] Akebono's Kid

Carol Tan carolstan at gmail.com
Thu Feb 6 00:44:28 EST 2014

Really enjoyed this as it provides a wonderful contrast to some of the less-than-(former)-Yokozuna-like publicity (i.e. pacifier sporting and
Zombie-impersonations) that pop us periodically.  Framing it in a family context makes it all the more appealing and Caitlyn looks like a very talented young lady with a
 bright future.

One of my early exposures to sumo was Mark Panek’s 2006 biography of Akebono titled:  "Gaigin Yokozuna” so this is a nice continuation of that thread.  It’s a good read with
lots of sumo insights; well worth the effort.

Carol