[sumo] RE: Harumafuji

sumorina at mac.com sumorina at mac.com
Fri Jan 4 17:06:57 EST 2013

Some of Harumafuji's kimono and at least one of his kesshomawashi have his paintings on them.  The white horse on a hot pink kimono he wears in autumn and a Mount Fuji on a kesshomawashi are his own work.

During a basho I saw an NHK segment on Harumafuji's painting skills in which he dashed off a painting of a mountain view while the reproter was chatting to him.

Katrina