[sumo] Taiho Gets Award

JZ8D-SMMN at asahi-net.or.jp JZ8D-SMMN at asahi-net.or.jp
Thu Jan 20 00:53:06 EST 2011

Jim Bitgood's comment on the Taiho Museum in Kawayu set me on a search. I saw the signboard of
museum during a Friends of the Earth trip to Hokkaido in the summer of 1992, checked it out
and volunteered to take the other members of the tour round the museum after dinner.
Everybody was very impressed with the way the place was set up, and later I wrote an article
about it for the November 1992 issue of Sumo World.

(Incidentally SW issue #1 came out in January 1973; I thought it started that summer but I just checked.

Doreen