[sumo] the great mailing list...

kj bauman shimodahito at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 19 16:00:19 EST 2011

good day all,
  I've been out for a couple of weeks and am getting caught up on the yaocho sadness and mailing list discussion. And on the list... my 2 yen:

1) 400+ members... does not mean we need 400+ contributers for this list to be "successful" or "valuable."

2) I particularly liked kumayama's comments.  Since I'm no longer living in Japan, I have found myself contributing less, but appreciating it more.  I thank all the contributors INCLUDING those who have differing opinions on posts.

3) I've been a list member for...hmmm... at least 10 years.  I can't remember how I found the list.  Which got me thinking...  How does someone find out about the list?  Non Japanese-speaking sumo fans outside of Japan are usually not in neighborhoods with other sumo fans. They are isolated, curious fans.  Some likely do searches and find a sumo forum or facebook or news article page.  But this list is different and unique from other resources and I'm sure there are more people out there who would love to be on this list if only they knew it existed.

Thank you for the list.

-shimodahito