[sumo] Uh-Oh

Jim Bitgood jimbit at verizon.net
Wed Feb 9 10:18:20 EST 2011

I wondering though that even if the specific cell phone happens to
encounter a sledge hammer, isn't there a possibility of some of the text
messages still existing in some telephone company's server? I don't know
a lot about texting, but I suspect each message passes thru more than
one relay from source to destination. Any of those relays could have a
storage function for some period of time, I think.
Oh, well. I think I'll enjoy the break in March. Here in the Eastern
time zone in the U.S., each basho turns my day upside down for two
weeks. I go to sleep about 6pm and get up a little after midnight to
watch the streaming video. I do think I'll enjoy the break. But I do
feel sorry for all the people on the edges of the Haru Basho who will
lose more money than sleep.
Maybe instead of canceling the basho (which is just to make it look like
they are doing something effective, much like the US Congress does
things), they could set up an enforcement division and absolutely
promise that anyone caught even thinking about yaochou will be kicked
out of the JSA. Oh, wait, the JSA may not understand the concept of
enforcement or how to apply it.

--
Jim
千歳大会