[sumo] 1895 newspaper article

jdouglas at nyc.rr.com jdouglas at nyc.rr.com
Sun Aug 7 19:36:15 EDT 2011

I hate to be scientific but all of this is proof positive that Takamisakari is a Time traveller who got flipped from some alien planet, to edo period sumo and then got kicked into the present.
Now I wonder what he really looks like.  He still hasn't gotten the moves right, has he.

That article was amazing -  It was like I was listening to the match on the radio.  Things really haven't changed much.  But an attendance of 10.000?  Is that ever possible?
One could only feel a fondness for these oddly described fellows.

Huzayomama