[sumo] Go Kaio Go!! (UNCLASSIFIED)

Manekineko Hikari manekineko at mailshack.com
Wed Nov 24 04:27:16 EST 2010

> Swan song?
Actually, that thought also crossed my mind after reading Hal's long
mail. (Supposing that match-fixing exists) maybe Kaio is being given a
legendary farewell basho in his home town. OTOH, maybe he is being
preserved as the only thing preventing the total foreign domination in
two top ranks, now that Chiyotaikai and Kotomitsuki are gone. But then I
don't see why the hero of the hour Kisenosato should be made to lose to
Kaio... Surely having a younger Japanese rikishi looking like a possible
ozeki candidate would have been more beneficial than giving the beloved
veteran another win?

>From the little I have seen (stream, yeah), Kaio does look better than
he did in quite a while. He also looks like a mummy wrapped in
bandages... I know he can't last long, we've been burying him for years
now, and yet somehow he's still active. I won't pretend to know how much
of his perseverance is due to a little help from his friends, but I will
continue to hope that the largest part of it is due to him alone.

	Jelena "Manekineko" Macan