[sumo] NY Times article

Doreen Simmons jz8d-smmn at asahi-net.or.jp
Thu Jan 21 08:54:40 EST 2010

Nice piece written by a one-time tourist and subsequently "researched"
online. Photos commissioned to a local photographer who was also not a
sumo professional; regular pix  and OK  apart from that final awful
caption mistake identifying recently-retired Dejima (therefore wearing
a suit) as 'Kisenosato" (who would by the rules be required to wear
kimono).

And, of course, the awful misinformation in the text that all losers
are "shinitai" -- obviously a total misunderstanding of a rather
recherche sumo problem.

Just goes to show that in this day and age a one-time visitor really
cannot produce an article that will pass muster (but of course it's
only the online version, which presumably is the same as the online
Japan Times, a much lower level than the real paper?

Doreen