[sumo] OT- Pakistan Cricket betting scandal

Scott M. Kahn smk1 at columbia.edu
Tue Aug 31 00:36:14 EDT 2010

I have to disagree with you, Jude.  Pakistan is a perennial
international leader in cricket, and this betting scandal has shaken
the sport.  From the report that I cited, the feeling of betrayal and
sadness among cricket fans seems to be similar to that felt by sumo
fans.  It will be interesting, at least to some of us, to follow how
those in charge of their respective sports address these problems and
win back fan support.

The heading was intentionally listed as off topic.  Some may find the
parallels interesting.  Others who are not interested in the subject
because they are tired of the scandals, are always free to hit the
delete button.

I agree with you that it would be nice to speculate on the upcoming
basho, for example as I had previously suggested on who may be the
next to defeat Hakuho (Tochinoshin would be my pick).

The Sukubidubidu family will be in Japan during the first week of the
upcoming basho.  If time permits, Daughter of Sukubidubidu may visit
the Kokugikan with the hopes of meeting her adopted rikishi, Gagamaru.
  That is, if the Kyokai allows her father to enter after being so
terribly critical of them...!

Sukubidubidu

Quoting jdouglas at nyc.rr.com: