[sumo] 7-7 Matches

Joe Petrow joepetrow at gmail.com
Mon Nov 30 06:10:38 EST 2009

On Sun, Nov 29, 2009 at 6:00 PM, Jeanne Hedge <jhedge at rcn.com> wrote:
> I was watching these, just to see how things went with rikishi who needed a
> win on day 15 to reach KK.
> [...]
> OVERALL
> The 7-7 rikishi won in all 10 matches. There being only one match where 7-7
> or equivalent rikishi faced each other, 10 of the 11 "eligible" rikishi
> gained their KK.
>

> I didn't watch the matches, but I'm reading that several of the above were
> *very* ugly.

Tochinoshin's was the most painful of the bunch, almost as bad as the
invisible force beam that Chiyotaikai launched at Baruto a few basho
back...

Kotomitsuki, on the other hand, went down like a pro.  Gaijin may
dominate the upper ranks, but they still have not mastered the fine
art of yaocho.

  - Peterao