[sumo][Spoiler]Juryo/Makushita boundary

Jezz jejima at gmail.com
Sat Nov 28 20:07:19 EST 2009

2009/11/29 Scott M. Kahn <smk1 at columbia.edu>:

> And, Gaga could retain J14W if- Jumonji (Gaga defeated him), Surugatsukasa
> (Gaga lost to him), and Sadanofuji all lose on day 15).  W-ms3 Ryuho(4-3)
> lost to Gaga so it is questionable that he would be exchanged with Gaga.

I don't believe the banzuke makers normally take head-to-head results
into account when deciding demotions - just the raw numbers (Think how
long it wold take if they had to cross-reference every rikishi's basho
results when calculating the new banzuke.)

At J14E, Gagamaru must surely win today to remain in Juryo, no matter
what else is happening around him.

Jejima (preparing to eat my hat, if I'm wrong)