[sumo] Fukuoka & Tokyo Question

Lynn Matsuoka artist at aloha.net
Sat Nov 14 19:30:18 EST 2009

Zuna, a beautiful restaurant with great food nd beautiful decor,
unfortunately closed within the same year of opening it's doors. Really a
shame.

Lynn Matsuoka, the SUMO artist
find your Sumo art gifts at cafepress.com/sumoartist

> Greetings sumo-ites:
>
> I'm attending several days of Kyushu basho, starting next Friday.  Second
> year in a row (thanks to free airline ticket from Australia).
>
> I enjoy the less-frenetic atmosphere of Fukuoka, and hope to see some of
> you there.
>
> I've also planned to go for the basho in January in Tokyo (I've adjusted
> some business meetings to overlap).  Wondering if anyone knows if the
> restaurant Zuna, in Akasaka, that was started by Akebono is still open?
>
> Cheers

***** ***** ***** ***** *****
CNN reported on the artist: “Few artists so completely dominate their
field that their name becomes synonymous with the subject matter, but Lynn
Matsuoka has succeeded in capturing the essence of Sumo and has won a
loyal following along the way”

Her artwork is in corporate and private collections around the world, in
the Morikami Museum collection, and was recently requested by the National
Sumo Museum in Tokyo .

Thanks for visiting our installation at the Hampton Classic this summer! See:

http://www.danshamptons.com/content/danspapers/issue22_2009/cover.html

Web  sites :
http:// www.traditions.jp & www.hamptonsartist.com
Tel USA 808-479-5966   / NY studio 631-537-5237