[sumo] Semi-Spoiler: Chiyotaikai and retirement

Jim Bitgood Jimbit2 at comcast.net
Sat Nov 14 17:39:58 EST 2009

Looking at some of the newspaper websites today (Saturday), I see
that Chiyo is at least talking about what it will take for him to
retire. Unless he has gotten very strong in the last 2 months, he'll
retire sometime in January as soon as he gets 6 losses.
He claims that he will fight in January even as a Sekiwake, but if he
can't get 10 wins in January he will retire.
I hope he doesn't change his mind. I don't see him winning 8 in
Fukuoka unless he gets very lucky. I don't think he is capable of
ever winning 10 again.
I would like to be among the first to wish him the best in his
post-sumo career.

         Jim
         "Chitose-Taikai"